Eastwinds is delighted to announce the release of our first CD called Eastwinds.
Eastwinds was created in collaboration with The Shanghai Twang recording studio and Peter Grandison 2015.
Eastwinds is a quartet that began life in 2013 when woodwind player, Mark Cain, met up with newly arrived Iranian ney flautist and percussionist, Esfandiar Shahmir and Japanese didgeridoo maestro, Sanshi. The group has since grown and evolved to include vocalist, Kristiina Maalaps (Estonia) and guitarist, Steve Barnes. This is the debut recording of Eastwinds and friends.
Buy a digital album from :
Buy a CD - send us an email or contact us through the contact form or Facebook.
1. 7 for Esi (Mark Cain)
2. Maalaps Marjuke (Lea Tabur/Kristiina Maalaps)
3. Kwakumba (Mark Cain)
4. Kylä Vuotti Uutta Kuuta (Trad. Finnish/arr. Eastwinds)
5. Caged Bird (Trad. Persian/arr. Esfandiar Shahmir/Saegusa Yoshitaka)
6. The Passage (Mark Cain)
7. Blame Lulu Peanuts (Steve Barnes/Lea Tabur/arr.Steve Barnes/Kristiina Maalaps)
8. Sanshi Didge Solo (Saegusa Yoshitaka)
9. Chakwe (Trad. Zimbabwean/Jamie David/Lea Tabur/Kristiina Maalaps)
10. Three Slips and a Gully (Steve Barnes)
11. Aeti Mu Mõtsa (Trad. Estonian/arr. Kristiina Maalaps)
12. Esmerim (Trad. Turkish/arr. Linsey Pollak and Eastwinds)
Mark Cain - alto and soprano saxophones, bass poly flute, clariphones (D hijaz and A), Jaw Harp, flutes, bottle reed pipe
Kristiina Maalaps - voice, jaw harp
Saegusa Yoshitaka - didgeridoo
Steve Barnes - guitar, cittern
Esfandiar Shahmir - ney and daff
Nikou Javadi - tombek, kahon
Jamie David - mbira